Horchata de chufas
HORCHATA DE CHUFAS (4 PERSONS)
Chilled Water (A part of it must be almost ice) four times the quantity used of Tigernuts.
Sugar (Half the weight of Tigernuts)
Optional: Lemon or stick cinnamon
1. Tigernuts must be soaked in water 24 hours or 36 hours for its rehydration; soaking time depends on the quality and conservation of the raw material.
2. Once rehydrated this is the way they look like.
3. We have to use a bit of the calculated water to triturate the Tigernuts with the mixer.
4. This is the paste (milk) produced. If we add cinnamon or lemon the moment will be right now. If the degustation won't be done after this process, now should be the exact moment to store it in the fridge.
5. Once mixed we have to strain the resultant product. For this action we will need a pot for using it as mortar and extract all the liquid for the Tigernuts by pressing bly.
6. This is the spare paste that we can throw directly to the litter.
7. Once strained we will add the rest of the water and the calculated sugar.
8. Then we mix powerfully the products
9. We will put the resulting product in a jug with some ice to make it hyper-refreshing.
10. Then we mix again to take off all the solids parts of the ice
11. This is the resulting product we obtain alter all the process. Refreshing and ready to drink.