TIGERNUTS OIL. TIGERNUT OIL.
This is a high quality oil extracted by a cold, virgin process in order to ensure that it retains all the unique nutritious qualities of the Tigernut itself. Tigernut oil was first used by Egyptians 4000 years ago in preference to olive oil. Indeed, it is generally considered a healthier alternative.
The oil is golden brown in colour and has a rich, nutty taste. Tigernut oil is also a fantastic component of beauty products. It has a high oleic acid content and low acidity, and so is excellent for the skin.
PROPERTIES OF CHUFA OIL:
- High content of oleic acid (Monounsaturated fat acid which has a bigger resistance to chemical decomposition).
- Content in polyunsaturated fatty acid (linoleic acid & linolenic acid) enough to cover daily minimum needs (around 10 gr).
- High content of Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol).
- Higher oxidative stability than other oils, due to its content of polyunsaturated fatty acids and gamma-tocoferol.
TERAPHEUTIC PROPERTIES OF CHUFA OIL:
- Reduce el colesterol malo (LDL-colesterol) y aumenta el bueno (HDL-colesterol). Reduce los niveles de triglicéridos en sangre.
- Reduces “bad” cholesterol (LDL-cholesterol) and increases the “good” one (HDL-cholesterol). Reduces levels of triglycerides in blood.
- Reduces risk of formation of bloody clots and produces dilatation in veins, preventing arteriosclerosis.
- Positive effects on digestive secretions (gastric, pancreatic and biliar), due to high content of oleic acid, the most powerful stimulator of production of Colecistokine (Responsible for digestive secretions).
- Stimulation of the absorption of calcium in bones and the production of new bony material, due to short and medium chain fatty acids, oleic acid and essential fatty acids.
- Effective against skin alterations, aging process, etc, due to its elevated contents of Vitamin E, which activates microcirculation of skin.
- Recommended for infants and the elderly because of its content in Vitamin E and the antioxidant effect of it in the cell membrane.
- Recommended for those dieting due to the high occurrence of Vitamin E.
- Helps to fix the embryo in the uterus and increases fertility of men and women, due to its high contents of Vitamin E.
- Avoids oxidation of lipoproteins, also called transporters of cholesterol in blood (related to the development of cardiovascular illness), and other substances (related to the development of some kinds of cancer).
APPLICATIONS FOR THE CHUFA-OIL
The oil can be used as an accompaniment or for cooking food. Less fat is absorbed into food during cooking as a crust is formed on the surface, preventing the oil itself from being absorbed.
Prevention and nutritional therapy for cardiac pathologies, due to its high content of monounsaturated fatty acids (Oleic acid). Improves metabolism itself. Helps improving health.
Reduces levels of cholesterol and is has a high content of oleic acid.
To waterproof textile fibres.
ADVANTAGES OF USING CHUFA OIL INSTEAD OF OTHER OILS:
- Tasty and stable oil.
- High quality oil due to its extraction without adding any external heat (cold pressed oil).
- Highly recommended for cooking above other oils because it is more resistant to chemical decomposition at high temperatures. Furthermore, less fat is absorbed into the food as it creates a crust on the surface during cooking, preventing the oil itself being absorbed into the product.
- Provides daily minimum necessary quantity of polyunsaturated acids (10 gr).
- Possesses high quantities of gama-tocopherol (higher than olive oil). Makes it resistant to oxidation
ANALYSIS CERTIFICATE - TIGER NUTS OIL: ACIDITY: 0'4 / YIELD: 15 %
|FATS ACIDS COMPOSITION|