Tiger Nuts Oil
This is a high quality oil extracted by a cold, virgin process in order to ensure that it retains all the unique qualities of the Tigernut itself. Tigernut oil was first used by Egyptians 4000 years ago in preference to olive oil.
The oil is golden brown in colour and has a rich, nutty taste. Tigernut oil is a fantastic component of beauty products. It has a high oleic acid content and low acidity, and so is excellent for the skin.
PROPERTIES OF TIGERNUTS OIL
- High content of oleic acid (Monounsaturated fat acid which has a bigger resistance to chemical decomposition).
- Content in polyunsaturated fatty acid (linoleic acid & linolenic acid) enough to cover daily minimum needs (around 10 gr).
- High content of Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol).
- Higher oxidative stability than other oils, due to its content of polyunsaturated fatty acids and gamma-tocoferol.
TERAPHEUTIC PROPERTIES OF TIGERNUTS OIL
- Reduces “bad” (LDL) cholesterol and increases “good” (HDL) cholesterol.
- Reduces levels of triglycerides in blood.
- Reduces risk of formation of bloody clots and produces dilatation in veins, preventing arteriosclerosis.
- Positive effects on digestive secretions (gastric, pancreatic and biliar), due to high content of oleic acid, the most powerful stimulator of production of Colecistokine (Responsible for digestive secretions).
- Stimulation of the absorption of calcium in bones and the production of new bony material, due to short and medium chain fatty acids, oleic acid and essential fatty acids.
- Effective against skin alterations, aging process, etc, due to its elevated contents of Vitamin E, which activates microcirculation of skin.
- Recommended for infants and the elderly because of its content in Vitamin E and the antioxidant effect of it in the cell membrane.
- Recommended for those dieting due to the high occurrence of Vitamin E.
- Helps to fix the embryo in the uterus and increases fertility of men and women, due to its high contents of Vitamin E.
- Avoids oxidation of lipoproteins, also called transporters of cholesterol in blood (related to the development of cardiovascular illness), and other substances (related to the development of some kinds of cancer).
APPLICATIONS FOR THE TIGERNUTS OIL
The INCI nomenclature of the product for the cosmetics industry is “Cyperus Esculentus Root Oil”.
Reduces levels of cholesterol and is has a high content of oleic acid.
To waterproof textile fibres.
If you prefer, we can provide you with oil obtained from organic tigernuts.
ANALYSIS CERTIFICATE - TIGERNUTS OIL
ACIDITY: 0'4 / YIELD: 15 %
Average values at informative level