About 60 mini cupcakes / 25 regular cupcakes
1.5 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1.5 cup fresh horchata
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 large egg whites
1. Soften butter in the mixer on high speed.
2. Drizzle the sugar mixture in with the butter and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
4. Mix the horchata and vanilla together.
5. Add the flour mixture and horchata mixture to the butter/sugar in 3 parts alternating between flour and horchata and beating well after each addition.
6. Set aside incorporated mixture.
7. In a clean mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
8. Fold egg whites into cake batter until incorporated.
9. Scoop batter into the prepared cupcake pans.
10. Bake in the 175 degree Celsius oven until a cake tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes for regular sized cupcakes. Use shorter time if making mini cupcakes.
11. Prepare the frosting.
12. Spread or spritz the frosting on the cupcakes.
13. Serve the cupcakes at room temperature, not chilled.