INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PERSONS
16 pieces Pan size 24x24cm; 300g butter; 400g dark chocolate of good quality; 4 eggs; 430g brown sugar; 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar; 125g flour; 125g tigernut flour; 1 ml salt; 200g dried tigernuts.
- Rinse the dried tigernuts under cold water. Put them in boiling water and let them boil for 15 minutes. Rinse the dried tigernuts under cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Lightly grease a 24×24 cm pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate on low heat.
- Combine the flour, tigernut flour and salt in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gently combine the butter-chocolate mixture with the egg mixture. Mix well until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended. Gently stir in the tigernuts until blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the lower third of preheated oven for 45 minutes. Do not overcook. Let brownies cool and then cut into squares. Best served with whipped cream