TIGERNUTTY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PERSONS
125 g. butter; 150 ml. sugar; 150 ml. tigernut flour; 350 ml. oatmeal; 0.75 teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder); 200 ml. raisins of good quality.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Mix together the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Combine the tigernut flour, oatmeal and baking soda in a bowl.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until blended.
- Add the raisins to the mixture.
- Roll out baking sheets on two baking trays.
- Shape the mixture into 24 balls the size of walnuts.
- Gently press down the balls until almost flat on baking trays, 12 cookies per tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes until light and golden. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 thought on “Tigernutty oatmeal raisin cookies”
I found these cookies to be very good. I used “Just like sugar” and added a little oil to compensate for the crumbliness in getting them on the cookie sheet.